Deirdre Van Nest
Deirdre Van Nest is the undisputed, go-to expert in the insurance and financial services industry on the topic of speaking! She is the creator of the Crazy Good Talks™ Blueprint, a system that teaches financial professionals how to build their brands and bring in business through the power of speaking. She is the host of Crazy Good Talks TV for advisors, agents and experts and is often called upon for interviews on radio and TV talk shows. Deirdre is an Italian/Irish New Yorker living in Minneapolis where she tries hard not to scare people with her loud voice and enthusiastic hand gestures.
Deirdre is an international speaker and trainer, a Certified World Class Speaking™ Coach, a Certified Fearless Living Coach, a contributing author of the Amazon bestseller World Class Speaking™ in Action and author of “Fire Your Fear™.
Give Yourself a Competitive Edge: Become a Crazy Good Speaker
Imagine if you could take your business to the next level by wowing audiences and getting Crazy Good results from your presentations.
You have the technical side of your practice down and you’re great at traditional business development. But if you don’t develop the skills needed to become a Crazy Good Speaker, you may never reach your full potential as an advisor.
Crazy Good Speakers™ command and keep the attention of any audience whether they’re speaking for 1 minute or 1 hour, and they are extremely efficient with their marketing time because they consistently bring in multiple clients from one presentation.
Bottomline: Crazy Good Speakers™ give themselves a competitive edge because when they speak people sit up, listen, and take action.
In this interactive talk, you will:
- Learn why many Advisors are not satisfied with the results they get from speaking to groups of prospects and what you can do knock it out of the park every time you speak.
- Discover the mistake almost every Advisor makes when they open a presentation. This mistake bores your audience, decreases the number of appointments you set after your talk, and reduces your overall impact.
- Learn the technique for immediately capturing the attention of any audience. Do this and you’ll stand out from the crowd (giving yourself that competitive edge), immediately engage your audience, and increase your conversion rate.
- Learn the technique for getting an audience excited to hear what you’re going to teach them vs. thinking about what’s for dinner or texting under the table.
How to Build Relationships and Skyrocket Sales
Most consumers make buying decisions based on emotion and then back their decision up with logic.
That’s why if your Advisors want people lining up to work with them after a group presentation or 1:1 meeting, they must know how to speak to their listener’s emotions. The most powerful way to do that is through storytelling. But…not all stories are created equal. To get great results you must know how to create stories that tap into people’s emotions, make a concise point, and do the selling for you.
In this interactive presentation your Advisors will:
- Discover why relying on technical expertise alone to win and keep business is no longer enough.
- Learn the biggest “sales killing” mistake most Advisors make and how to avoid it when they speak and meet with clients.
- Hear stories of how successful Advisors are incorporating stories into their group presentations and 1:1 meetings with clients and prospects.
- Discover the 4 types of stories every advisor should be telling.
- Get Step by Step instructions on how to use the most persuasive storytelling model for a sales conversation (either in group presentations or in 1:1 conversations).
- Pick up a storytelling strategy that can be an absolute game changer for establishing brand identity and competing for business.
Fire Your Fear and Grow Your Business!
When business does not go as planned it’s easy to blame results on the economy … other people … not enough time or not enough money. But where does that lead? Nowhere. For many Advisors, blame too often is a cover up for fear… and here’s the kicker — everything they want for their business — more clients, more money, more visibility — is on the other side of fear.
Which means that fear is the only thing standing between the business they have and the one they want. When they “Fire Fear”, they take control — and can finally create the business that aligns with their goals and values.
In this engaging and practical presentation, your Advisors will:
- Discover how fear and self-doubt may be sabotaging success in their business and quality of life.
- Learn the mindset shift they must make about fear so they can consistently make decisions that move them forward in their business – rather than hold them back.
- Learn why “feeling comfortable” may be the biggest problem they have in business right now.
- Pick up a simple yet powerful daily practice that propels them out of their comfort zone and into the “success zone.”
“Deirdre was the highest rated speaker at GAMA International’s LAMP 2018. She turned what is typically considered a soft conceptual skill of being a powerful presenter into tangible practical strategies our members could use right away. I saw many members in the halls after her talk shooting videos applying what they just learned!”
–Kari Stringfellow Senior Director, Leadership Development at GAMA International
“I’ve seen many presentations in my 60 years and Deirdre was one of the best. As good as Zig Ziglar!
–Jason Mascitti Financial AdvisorThrivent Financial
“Most speakers just give us the sizzle. You gave us the sizzle AND the steak AND you served up that steak real good!”
–Leader in Financial Services Audience Member at LAMP
“Deirdre’s presentation was one of the best I’ve been to at Ameriprise. Super engaging and I’ve applied what I learned three times in less than 24 hours.”
–Leader in Financial Services Member Ameriprise Financial
“My team and I agreed, this is the best leadership training we’ve ever had. Period.”
–Senior Leader Thrivent Financial
“Deirdre’s main stage session at our Disability Income Specialist Annual Meeting was game-changing. She listened to my requests and feedback about the audience – the skeptics, the diversity of experience and the passivity of some. From there she showed up to the meeting with an open mind, listened to people, got to know them and incorporated their comments, challenges, and dialogue into her talk. And that got their attention – without knowing it she chose some of the most respected folks to quote. Most importantly, she was a fantastic close to a meeting where the folks were energized, interacting and open to trying something new. And the feedback continues to come in on how they’ve used something Deirdre said.
Crazy Good is an excellent description and one echoed in the feedback! Before she was even done I was getting text message from two of my biggest skeptics and folks who consider themselves the presentation experts saying “best speaker ever” ‘“Crazy good talk” and “thank you for giving us something new”.
I’ve recommended Deirdre’s talks to colleagues and we’ve been reinforcing her messages during our coaching calls. As many people know, I’m hard to please and a bit of a skeptic myself – but watching the energy, hearing my most seasoned folks trying something new – I couldn’t be happier with the results both at the conference and weeks later. Thank you.”
–Stacy McCann, Guardian Life National Sales Director