Everything you need to know to build a stronger business you can learn from the legends of rock n’ roll. Music industry veteran Steve Jones takes you backstage to show you how the core strategies of AC/DC, Bob Marley, U2, Fleetwood Mac, and Run DMC can help you create a stronger, leaner, and more successful business. In a presentation loaded with great music and entertaining stories, Steve brings a concert-like energy to every event.
Steve is the author of two popular business books, Brand Like a Rock Star and Start You Up. He is based in Toronto, Canada, where he oversees brands and content for Stingray Radio, a global music, media, and technology company.
Past Clients Include:
- Mass Mutual
- Voya Financial
- TD Bank
- Canadian Home Builders Association
Brand Like a Rock Star
Based on Steve’s best-selling book, this keynote energizes, entertains, and educates. Your brand is everything, and everything is your brand. Every business and every individual is a brand, and understanding your brand can make you invincible. Through stories, songs, and videos, Steve leaves your team with some key takeaways, including:
* How a singer from Mississippi turned a 208-word song about getting drunk into a business empire.
* What Fleetwood Mac did to turn a potential disaster into the greatest album ever.
* How Taylor Swift literally grows her loyal fan base one person at a time.
* Why a 1986 collaboration between Run DMC and Aerosmith was so culturally significant.
Creating Culture That Rocks
Your organization can turn up the volume on diversity, equity, and inclusion! In a presentation filled with great music, Steve will share the leadership lessons of lead singers and take your group on a musical journey to explore how the experiences of rock legends can help you build a more cohesive, focused, and energized team. Some key takeaways include:
* How a musician from Queens, New York, helped bring down a racist regime.
* Some of the greatest mistakes intentionally left in rock songs and the value that comes from giving yourself the freedom to fail.
* The magical place in the deep south where Black and White musicians worked together as one at the height of America’s mid-60s racial unrest.
* How a washed-up 70s rock band and an up-and-coming hip hop act leaned on each other to change cultural history.
The Rock Star Comeback
Rock history is filled with comeback stories of fallen legends who, against all odds, recovered and achieved even greater success. The reality for every organization is that things will go wrong, challenges will be arise, and comeback stories will need to be written. Is your team armed with the knowledge to overcome the next obstacle, poised for maximum growth on the other side of it? Takeaways from this presentation will help your team be stronger, leaner, and meaner:
* U2 and the value of perpetual learning and growth.
* A classic rock singer who went 16 years between hits, surviving bankruptcy and addiction along the way.
* How Justin Bieber turned his career around and became a mega-star.
* The art of the pivot, and how Taylor Swift went from country princess to pop music powerhouse.
Sell Like a Rock Star
Every decision is a sales decision. Everyone is selling, whether it is a product, an idea, or hit song. But what makes a sales “rock star”? How does someone go from average to extraordinary in the cut-throat world of sales? Over the course of an hour together, you’ll learn:
* How rock stars have turned constant rejection into the fuel for success.
* The way relationships have turned every day interactions into amazing opportunities.
* How a one-armed drummed proved that resiliency and attitude impact everything.
* The 5 P’s of personal branding and how to use them to build your sales career.
“Steve did a remarkable job at our Meetings Today LIVE! program in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I can’t remember ever receiving this amount of enthusiasm and positive feedback I heard from our audience of meeting planner attendees about a presentation. They were impressed both by his material and expertise, but also by the relevance of his presentation to their jobs and industry, all in an entertaining and engaging fashion. It was the perfect way to start our day and get the audience energized.”
–Tyler Davidson, Vice President & Chief Content Director, Meetings Today
“Steve Jones’ presentation on “How To Brand Like Rockstar” was excellent! The session was energetic, and the use of music, video and storytelling kept everyone engaged and interested in what was coming next. In room filled with a variety of ages and experiences, his great storytelling ability allowed him to connect with everyone and provide information that was both entertaining and relevant. Music is a universal language and Steve’s presentation is perfect keynote to connect attendees and give them a common thread to talk about.”
–Colleen Brzozowski, CIS, Director, National Accounts
“Steve Jones knows a thing or two. Listen and take notes!”
–-Gene Simmons founding member Kiss
“Steve Jones gives you the insight of a rock ‘n’ roll veteran!”
“What can I say about Steve Jones? … well to give you an indication of his connection with the audience, after he closed his presentation to vibrant applause, he was approached by new ‘groupies’ lined up twenty to thirty deep, waiting for book autographs! Some people even took selfies with him! Steve was engaging, entertaining and knowledgeable. His content was universally relevant to customer-facing work and he further customized the presentation just for our group. His upbeat energy, sense of humor and humble demeanor endeared him to everyone, and the substance of his message really hit the mark – if we do something special to differentiate our service and delightfully surprise our clients, they will become loyal fans… it was the perfect keynote! People were talking about his session all day long.”
–Moses Bar-Yoseph, TD Bank
“Thank you again for being a part of our program last week in Charleston. It was a huge success. We’ve received a lot of compliments about you.
You did a terrific job of tailoring your remarks around banking. One of your first slides — “Fannie Mae vs. Maggie Mae” – really got things started off on the right track! You were very entertaining and had a strong message about branding and the customer experience.”
–Brad Bradford, Regions Bank
“Steve did an amazing job. I felt like it set the tone for the rest of the conference, which made me look forward to future sessions.”
–Denver, June 2018
“Fantastic presentation and energetic speaker.”
–Las Vegas, August 2018
“Very memorable and engaging.”
–Toronto, March 2018
“Steve Jones’ presentation on “How To Brand Like Rockstar” was excellent! The session was energetic, and the use of music, video and storytelling kept everyone engaged and interested in what was coming next. In a room filled with a variety of ages and experiences, his great storytelling ability allowed him to connect with everyone and provide information that was both entertaining and relevant. Music is a universal language and Steve’s presentation is perfect keynote to connect attendees and give them a common thread to talk about.”
– Colleen Brzozowski, CIS, Director, National Accounts